Wednesday, July 7, 2010

'No, it's great', said my husband. 'It's just like Bridget Jones where she says she's going to do all this stuff and then does nothing'. He smiles encouragingly.

right.

The idea of this blog is not to fail in a public manner- it's to achieve, achieve, achieve.

'You must remember to breathe', says my yoga teacher to the class. 'So many of us are striving to achieve, we're rushing around, we're not living in the moment. We must let go of all these ideals of being power women and just learn to live our life and get pleasure from the moment'

I agree. I think all those women out there who are trying to prove themselves to be of value by achieving things and overloading their lives should really listen to that.

Anyway - back to me...

Piano - Missed class as Imogen has chicken pox. Will practice, practice, practice to make up for it.

Book - Got called back from my research to a certain Sydney suburb by Imogen's daycare centre who informed me that they thought she had chickenpox. Confirmed by dr. later that day. Will write, write, write to make up for it.

Cooking - Cooked grilled vegetables and couscous from my student cookbook. Later that night I projectile vomited in the hall, (didn't even get to the bathroom) and was sick all day sunday. Husband sick all day monday. Then Imogen with chickenpox on tuesday - surely that wasn't due to my cooking...
Will cook, cook, cook to make up for it.

Salsa - um, nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment